Sunday, January 3, 2016

A brand new year, the same old me



Evening! I now have more time on my hands to do updates!
[Quick zoom on the past months below on caption THROWBACK]

For this year, I will have a big check list strike off - our own HDB flat. We balloted last year in May's sale of balance flat for a 5-room in Sengkang. Results were out in mid August & when I read through the email, I think my heart skipped a beat!!! COS MY QUEUE NUMBER IN THE BALLOT IS ONE ! Literally feels like striking first prize in 4D/Toto!

I went through each of the available flats' floor plans, building plans, amenities in the neighbourhood & blah blah.  I'm very disappointed cos I thought most 5-room flats have balconies! (I love balconies, I'm always super elated when the hotel I book has a balcony) So there's only one unit with a balcony which we're not satisfied with the level and unit number. I regretted not choosing punggol area :( There are many more premium units!



Had a x'mas exchange & gathering on the day itself with my maternal family & beloved cuzzies :>
I always love such get together with them. We are all so closely knitted since young & laughter never paused being together.

Next up, I will be travelling to Osaka in April together with Husb, Son & my mother. It will be Spring season then & also we will get to enjoy basking in the cherry blossoms! So excited everyday & I've already bought jackets & sweaters & what not.

[THROWBACK]

----- Long story alert -----
Well, my former maid Tina is no longer working due to some issues. & that issue caused me to be stripped of hiring any foreign domestic worker in the mean time! So I started taking care of Jarius full-time since October, & also juggle between some house chores and work. I also had to put off all nail appointments :(

I started looking for full day playgroup classes for Jarius. I first went down to Character Montessori which is much nearer to our house. It was totally out of bounds to visitors so you have to book an appointment to get any type of information or to look around. In fact, almost all of the Montessori/Pre-schools have to book an appointment prior to visiting!

The next one I goes to is Wharton Pre-school located @ Broadway Plaza(AMK) which offers Montessori structure too. So I didn't had any appt too but luckily the front desk staff cared to explain to me details & provided me with information. She told me the next intake is in February 2016 which is too long for me (I visited in Oct 2015). I explained briefly my situation that I needed a full day care for my son & I left the centre with a slight hope that someone would withdraw >.<

Yes! & I received a call from the same lady just 2 days later, informing me that there will be a slot in mid November! Ok, so why am I eager to send my son off to child care? Reason is he pretty much sticks to me the whole time he's awake & I can get nothing much done.

He is hard to coax to sleep back then because of bad habits like watching videos before sleeping everyday. Then one day I snapped out of it, I forbid myself & Husband to use the phone when it is his sleeping time. Yes he cried, yell & screamed for the 2-3days. It was all worth it as he started to drift off to sleep more easily.

Now he sleeps early cos of school (9am to 5pm). & finally I got back to taking in nail appointments! I do hope my new maid will be here soon :'(

---- Long story ends -----



^ Glow meteor Tula that I bought from a facebook group ( Tula Carriers Buy/Sell/Trade) https://www.facebook.com/groups/626117574066537/

It is actually a re-selling site where peeps sell off the Tula at a much higher price than retail. & still many people bought it as these are hard to buy straight off the Tula website. Tula usually does stocking every two weeks for their wrap conversions & they're sold out in seconds (Yes I've tried & failed). Especially those full wrap conversion designs as they are made of woven wraps instead of the usual canvas.

Why is it so highly sought after? Half of it is of the pretty & wide range of extremely beautiful and lovely designs!! It also has a re-sale value so you won't lose too much if you decided to change or your little one has grown out of it. It also comes in two sizes, standard size & toddler size(up to 4year old).



^ Throwback to Mediacorp Rotax Max

It was a fun event, check out TBSD PTE LTD facebook page for the photos!
https://www.facebook.com/BardahlSgp

We have a few events lined up so do stay tuned ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment